Wednesday, January 28, 2009

 
What do you like about RSS and newsreaders? I think that RSS are similar to signing up for e-mail alerts that companies send you periodically. Most of the content I see on the internet leaves me feeling with a sense of information overload. I really don't like to subscribe to newsreaders because I feel that I delete more stuff than I really need.

How do you think you might be able to use this technology in your work or personal life? I would like to use this technology to keep current on what is happening in my community in San Antonio, TX. I think it would be cool if the City Council used RSS to keep me informed of what city ordinances were being newly created in my City district.

How can libraries use RSS or take advantage of this new technology? Libraries can use this technology to keep their library patrons involved in discovering what events were happening at the local library. In addition, library staff could use newsreaders to keep abreast of the latest trends in developing technologies related to archival techniques or emerging technologies.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?