Thursday, January 29, 2009

 
What did I find interesting about wikis? I liked that different people can contribute and author information on the internet. The websites I explored didn't mention have information is validated or screened as it is published on a wiki. In other words, how can you determine that a wiki has the correct information posted. Is there a panel of editors that screen the info on a wiki? I don't think so.

What types of applications within libraries might work well with a wiki? I looked at a website called Librarianchick's resources. I thought it had some great information from different subject areas (i.e. practice test exams and lists of audiobooks). Although this website seemed way too cluttered, it did offer impressive references that a librarian could use. Maybe the first page could summarize the contents using six or seven categories.

I think it would be great to create a wiki that dealt with business reference resources. It would be cool to see a wiki dedicated to graduate business majors. It could be a friendship bridge for students pursuing their MBAs.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?